Monday, November 12, 2012

Stepping Stones

Today is the first day of my journey into the rest of the life God has granted me. How much time I have left is of no consequence nor how much time has already passed. There is only today and today is all I have to be concerned with right this very minute.There are plans to be made but they don't concern today. Today can only be lived with this day in mind and how I plan that day and live that day determines who I am, not how I am to be remembered or the accomplishments I want to achieve, but who I am. I say I am a seeker~then I must seek. I say I am an adventurer~then I must embark on an adventure...keeping in mind that I am accountable to a God who sees and records all things and is mindful of what we are doing and for whatever we are doing it.
"In order to make the most of everyday, I need to take responsibility for what's in my control, and surrender that which is not." Zach Davis, Appalachian Trials

No comments:

Post a Comment